Barrique Pinot Noir

$18.99

Overview

Barrique Pinot Noir

Grape: Pinot Noir

Sonoma County

Sourced from several vineyards located in the Northern Russian River Valley and Sonoma Carneros. The Russian River fruit comes from the warmer end of the valley, that results in a lush style of wine. In an area devoted primarily to Zinfandel, these rare Pinot Vineyards are highly sought after for their ripe, dark fruit and deep color. The Sonoma Coast vineyard is owned by the Sangiacomo family and is located in the historic Sonoma Carneros AVA, a cooler region that delivers bright acidity and earthiness.

70% of the fruit was de-stemmed and moved by gravity to open top fermenters. The remaining 30% was left whole cluster and added to the top of the de-stemmed fruit. The tank was chilled to 50F for a long cold soak to increase enzymatic extraction, then allowed to warm on it’s own. Primary fermentation was indigenous as was malolactic. The ferment was pressed off just prior to dryness, preserving aromatics and minimizing harsh alcoholic extraction. The wine was transferred immediately to barrel with its lees for mouthfeel and complexity.

Deep, vivid plum red in color with high notes of rose, black cherry and a hint of hibiscus on the nose. The palate is broad and structured with generous cherry fruit. The finish is reminiscent of violets complemented by a touch of vanilla and espresso.

Reg - 21.99 

Barrique Pinot Noir